Corsican Mint Plant Trays
Each Tray measures 330mm x 330mm
Includes FREE Express Postage
SHOP ONLINE BELOW
Call us to pay with Credit Card or PayPal
663135 or 02 4966 3554
You can also pay
into the Tranquil Havens Bank
CORSICAN MINT ~ MENTHA REQUIENII
Corsican Mint or Mini Mint is a prostrate, semi evergreen, creeping perennial with small round green leaves and masses of extremely small lavender flowers that appear in spring and summer.
Corsican Mint has tiny foliage and with a creeping habit it makes a good ground cover plant for damp shaded positions. It is an excellent plant for growing between pavers and will spread at a good rate.
Our Corsican Mint Plant
Trays come into their own as there is no need to dig holes,
nor wait for pots to join up. You simply lay the trays next to
each other on your prepared ground and Voila, instant full
- Corsican Mint Tray Sales - Free Postage Australia-Wide
- Normally Express Posted Same Day (Due to Covid we only post on Mondays and Tuesdays - We will post as late as Wednesday for Sydney Orders)
- If you require Less than the Minimum Five Trays, call us for a price
- For Large Orders Ask about a Price for Direct Delivery from our Grower
- Ask us about a Bulk Buy Price
- If you do not have a Credit Card, email us for our Bank Details
- Each Plant Tray (Plant Tile) measures 330mm x 330mm and only 22mm deep
- Simply remove your Corsican Mint and lay on the Prepared Area. If needed you can cut to Shape with Scissors and butt together for Complete Coverage
- Achieve Full Green Coverage instantly at Half the Cost of using 100mm Pots
- The risk for the Products
shall pass to the Purchaser at the time of dispatch, even
if the Supplier agrees to perform additional services,
such as arranging of transportation of the Products
Update - Our groundcovers are very hardy and travel
really well. Whilst we are yet to experience any
significant delays or failed deliveries due to Covid-19,
we cannot guarantee 100% that your order will be
delivered on time, or even without a significant delay.
All Online Nurseries have been effected by Covid-19, and Tranquil Havens is no exception. We are all in the same boat when it comes to plant deliveries.
In saying that, we have been less impacted than most, due to the fact that we utilise Express Postage and or Next Day Delivery Couriers for all of our orders.
- We are not permitted to send
to WA, NT or TAS due to quarantine laws
5 x Corsican Mint Trays
10 x Corsican Mint Trays
20 x Corsican Mint Trays
50 x Corsican Mint Trays
100 x Corsican Mint Trays
WHAT IS CORSICAN MINT?
Corsican Mint or Mini Mint (Mentha requienii), is a Sensational mat forming groundcover that features tight green, aromatic foliage and tiny lavender flowers in summer. Also known as Jewel Mint of Corsica.
Prefers dappled shade and will grow in moist soils but be careful as it can be sunburnt in unprotected hot areas.
Plant Corsican Mint as a lawn substitute or between stepping stones so that the gentle scent of mint, similar to the smell of toothpaste, is released when walked on. This is the mint from which Creme de Menthe is derived.
- Corsican Mint can be planted as a lawn substitute or between stones so that the gentle scent of mint is released when walked on.
- This is the mint from which Crème de Menthe is derived
- The species is hermaphrodite (has both male and female organs) and is pollinated by Insects. It is noted for attracting wildlife.
- A Sensational, mat forming groundcover that features tight green, aromatic foliage and tiny lavender flowers in summer
- Best suited to temperate climates as it does not like humidity
- Prefers dappled shade and will grow in moist soils but be careful as it can be sunburnt in unprotected hot areas
- You can grow this plant in a container where it can be left to spread and flow down over the sides
- Living furniture or sculpture
- Plant it in containers in shaded positions as a ground cover, grow it the shaded rock garden, or use the leaves as a garnish, tea or in a salad
- Corsican Mint only reaches around 3 to 4 centimetres in height
- Prefers Moist,fertile soils
- Although Corsican Mint does like moisture, it does not like waterlogged clay soils as this can cause root problems
- Needs little maintenance but will need watering in hot conditions
- No diseases of note
- This is not a mint that will tolerate very dry conditions
- Not tolerant of heavy frosts
CORSICAN MINT GALLERY
Click on Images to Enlarge
Some Of Our Other Grasses
Zoysia Tenuifolia and Ophiopogon Japonicus Nana
Both Zoysia tenuifolia and Ophiopogon Japonicus Nana have many 'Common Names' which has made it difficult to establish which plant to purchase, until now that is!
What is Zoysia Tenuifolia?
Here is an article written in the Sydney Morning Herald ▶▶ Zoysia Makes a Brilliant Green Nomow Lawn. Written by Robin Powell, this article sings the praises of Zoysia Tenuifolia. Robin describes Zoysia and mentions Tranquil Havens and my good self:
"Keen gardener Graeme
Fraser saw it there (Hunter Valley Gardens) in 2009 and
loved its free-form, free-flowing look. So when he found
it impossible to buy for his own garden, he made a ‘‘note
to self: business opportunity".
He launched Tranquil Havens (tranquilhavens.com.au), an online nursery selling Dwarf Mondo and Zoysia, his true love, by mail-order. Graeme says his success, despite his lack of horticultural experience, is a guarantee to other gardeners of the plant’s adaptability. It grows in sun and shade, only complains if left in soggy soil, and is not particularly expensive.
"If you fancy a brilliant
emerald green lawn that doesn’t need mowing, mossy-looking
landscapes without the challenge of growing moss, and
softness so alluring you can’t keep your hands off it,
meet Zoysia tenuifolia. It is the plant set to become this
decade’s mondo grass."
Robin Powell - Sydney
Zoysia Tenuifolia is native to Asia, and is named after botanist Karl Von Zois. A warm-season grass, its deep root system allows it to tolerate drought better than many other turf grasses. It is also tolerant of shade, cold and foot traffic.
Here is a comprehensive list of Common Names for these two products:
Zoysia Tenuifolia (Korean No Mow Grass)
- No Mow Grass
- Minmow Grass
- Petting Grass
- Korean Grass
- Temple Grass
- Velvet Grass
- Mascarene Grass
- Korean Lawngrass
- Japanese Lawngrass
- Manila Grass
- Bump Grass
- Clumping Grass
- Snake Grass
Ophiopogon Japonicus Nana (Dwarf or Mini Mondo Grass)
- Dwarf Mondo Grass
- Mini Mondo Grass
- Mondo Grass
- Dwarf Lilyturf
- Fountain Plant
- Monkey Grass
- Dragon's Beard
- Snake's Beard
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any further details about these wonderful grasses.
We supply Zoysia Tenuifolia in 90mm, 100mm, 125mm and 140mm Pots, and we now can supply in Plant Trays (Tiles) which measure 330mm x 330mm.
If you look check out Page Menu, you will find the translated details of an experiment created by 'Bago' in Italy.
This Zoysia Tenuifolia experiment was carried out over a period of twelve months.
You can also visit here to view the Italian version of the experiment: Esperimento Verde (Green Experiment) .
Thank you to 'Bago' for the professional manner in which he produced this experiment. You can also visit his website: www.digg.it then click on "Esperimento Verde" in the right hand side menu on his page.